Prince William and Kate Middleton have decided not to leave for their honeymoon immediately and the newlyweds will stay in Britain this weekend, palace officials said Saturday.
William, who married Middleton on Friday in an opulent ceremony at Westminster Abbey, plans to return to military duty as a Royal Air Force helicopter rescue pilot in Wales at the end of this weekend, which includes a Monday holiday, officials said.
A statement posted on the official royal wedding website says the honeymoon destination, and the location where the newlyweds are spending this weekend, will be kept private.
William and Middleton, now known as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, left Buckingham Palace in a helicopter late Saturday morning. The casually-dressed couple walked to the helipad holding hands, stopping to shake hands with two staff members.
Earlier, officials said William has scheduled a two-week leave from his military duties for the couple’s honeymoon, but no specific dates or locations have been announced.
The couple has a wide range of honeymoon options, including a stay at Queen Elizabeth II’s vast Balmoral Estate in Scotland, where they would likely have the privacy needed to evade paparazzi.
Prince William and his new wife flew out of Buckingham Palace on Saturday for an unknown weekend destination in the United Kingdom, and the Prince William will return to work next week as a Search and Rescue Pilot in Wales, Buckingham Palace announced Saturday.
“The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have chosen not to depart for a honeymoon immediately,” the Palace said. “The locations of both their private weekend before The Duke returns to work and their future honeymoon, which will be overseas, will not be disclosed in advance.
Earlier on Saturday, the newlyweds flew out of Buckingham Palace by helicopter.Related posts: